Thursday 14 August 2014

This is us




I am a mummy to two boys.  Here's me with the First Boy on his 3rd birthday. So, where's the other one?  He's not ready to meet the world yet, but will be hopefully be here mid-Autumn. 

This is my first foray into the world of blogging.  I have a fear of forgetting all those precious little moments that come with being a mummy, so, with a few weeks to go before I start my maternity leave, I thought it would be a nice idea to start this blog, as a sort of scrapbook, and maybe a way of connecting with other mums.

I can't quite believe that in a matter of a few more weeks our little family of three will be joined by another.  It has been a long journey to become a family at all, and G and I still pinch ourselves every day that we have been lucky enough to have not one but two little miracle boys. I feel so grateful.

Miracles aside, I am finding it impossible to get my head round the fact that this little one whom I feel digging me in the ribs, and jabbing me in the bladder is another little boy who is not the First Boy.  My mind cannot conceive of the face of another boy-child who is not our firstborn. Will he have the same blue eyes and blonde hair as the First Boy? The same 'let-me-at-'em' temperament? The same long gangly legs at birth?  Somehow imagining another little boy is harder than imagining what a little girl of ours would've looked like. We have only to wait and see, and I'm so looking forward to meeting him.





No comments :

Post a Comment